- a clerking service for school governing bodies
- development, training and support services to school governing bodies
- remote support services
- The Clerking Service will be provided by a fully trained clerk, who will be in attendance in good time before the start of the meeting, except in exceptional circumstances, and will bring all necessary documentation;
- the core SSA provides a clerking service for three full governing body meetings;
- committee clerking services are available at an extra cost;
- the Development, Training and Support Services will be delivered through:
- a comprehensive induction programme for new governors;
- arrangement of bespoke governing body development/training; and
- provision of area-specific information.
- the clerk to the governing body will be fully trained to undertake the role;
- the clerk will have a good understanding of the different roles of governing bodies and headteachers;
- the clerk will have a good understanding, awareness, appreciation and the ability to advise on governing body procedures, education legislation, guidance and legal requirements;
- the clerk will have highly developed literacy skills in order to produce concise minutes as legal records of meetings; and
- the clerk to the governing body will ensure that there is liaison with the appropriate LA officer or nominated service when dealing with staffing and pupil issues.
Remote Support Service
- Initial training of appointed clerk(s);
- remote support service via telephone and email;
- termly Quality Assurance visit during the first year, including one to one support; and
- annual Quality Assurance visit during the second and subsequent years, including one to one support.