At the heart of all governors’ training should be the commitment to ensure better governance, leading to outstanding schools and improving outcomes for all youngsters.
Our Pledge to Governing Bodies:
- Deliver regular and relevant training
- Provide value for money
- Deliver a wide variety of training courses to cater for the needs of new and experienced governors
- Use high quality trainers, producing high quality materials
- Interactive and informative courses
- An accessible venue
- Start and finish on time
- Effective evaluation and monitoring of all feedback from governor training
- Support for chairs of governors
- Support for all governors
- Up to date resources and information
- Raise standards of pupil achievement in school
- Ensure that the school is a safe place for children to be
- Understand data and issues leading to target setting, monitoring and evaluation
- Ensure governors are resourced and able to support and challenge the senior leadership team in the school
- Ensure that governance is good and progressing well towards outstanding
Governors with Disabilities and Special Needs
If you are a governor with a disability or a special need that you think might stop you accessing governor training, please do get in touch. We will endeavour to help and resolve the situation.
Cancellation of Training Courses
Many courses have been popular and oversubscribed and have subsequently been repeated.
However, very occasionally a decision has to be made to cancel a particular course when numbers are low. When this happens, trainers often offer materials for those governors who were registered for the course. Most trainers consider courses viable with 6 or more governors and some are happy to deliver to 4.Therefore training courses will only be cancelled or postponed when numbers are extremely low and it is simply not viable to go ahead. Where appropriate to do so, the course will be rearranged.
Governing Body Defined Course
Governing Bodies may wish to identify a focus for specific training not covered by any of the courses on offer. They might also need elements already on offer expanded or tailored to their own circumstances.
Tailor made courses can be organised on request.
IPC Services will always ensure that the trainers used have the expertise and knowledge required to deliver high quality training.